Welcome to the King’s Lynn BID campaign website.
A Business Improvement District (BID) is an area within which local businesses agree, through a local ballot, to pay a small additional charge on their business rates. We estimate that something like 60% of businesses in King’s Lynn town centre would pay less than £1.00 per day as their contribution. These funds would be managed by an independent business-led company.
This company seeks to guarantee, improve and enhance services and environmental conditions of the defined BID geographic area of commercial activity.
A BID is also a way to promote and bring more people into our town
BID 2016 Will go to vote in November, whether the BID goes ahead is up to you –this is your BID.
The proposed King’s Lynn BID was a unique opportunity for businesses to input and dictate the projects required to give the town centre a major improvement over a five year period.
Unfortunately on 11th April 2014 the Ballot count resulted in a narrow “NO” vote. Below are the full results recorded.
- Number of ballot papers sent = 604
- Total number of valid votes cast = 227 (ballot papers rejected = 3)
- Percentage of turnout of ballot = 38.08%
- Total number of valid votes cast in favour of the BID proposal = 122 (53.74%)
- Aggregated rateable value of hereditaments of the valid votes cast = £6,903,200
- Aggregated rateable value of hereditaments of the valid votes cast in favour of the BID proposal = £3,312,450 (47.98%)
A letter was sent to all businesses involved in the ballot, a copy of this can be viewed BID business letter Vote Result 160414